Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What do YOU want?


I suppose there's lots of opportunity to write about bunches of stuff. After all, the way music and the Bible relate is a broad landscape of varying categories.

But what do you want to discuss, or know more about, or bring the Bible to bear upon?

Let me know and I can direct my efforts in ways that would really help the readers of this blog. God has put us all in different places, with different circumstances and different challenges. I would love to know what those are, and at least attempt to tackle them.

So please give me your ideas!
(And perhaps give me some ideas for a future book on church music...?)

Know Christ and make Him known!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Clint. Thanks for this blog. We really do need a SAfrican thinking hard about church music and giving us guidance. As music director - I prefer CEO or President :) - at our church, some of the issues I'd like to discuss are:
    - how to encourage physical expression and emotion in a conservative church context (without artifically putting it on)
    - good resources for singing the Psalms - something that seems to be lacking in the current mix of church music (I know Sov Grace have an album of Psalms)
    - how to uncover new talent without having a musical "altar call" ... volunteers are often very poor judges of their own ability!
    - how we can get our good African songs compiled into a collection and transposed to sheet music. There is a wealth of good stuff out there, but I haven't come across a resource that I could use to teach African songs to our congregation. At best, I'm having do it as an English, whitey with a bad memory. Dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nils

    Thanks so much for that. I will attempt to address those over the next few weeks. It's great to have other South African musicians who are thinking enough about their ministry to crystalize the problems faced.

    ReplyDelete