Popular Posts

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Essential Worship Chillout Collection


I thought it would be wise to do some research on the albums I refer to in the previous post. Theses albums are on sale through Kingswaysongs.com. Kingsway do a great job of distributing and selling all sorts of fantastic Christian resources, and I would be quite at a loss without them in ministry. So the problem's not with Kingsway.

If you click here, you will go the page for the Essential Worship Chillout Collection. It was as I suspected. The blurb is as follows

"Our lives are filled with speed and pace, work pressures and family responsibilities, motorway journeys and diary essentials. Finding space to renew, revitalise and relax can seem elusive. We all need to learn to 'chillout', a state of being that has become a new musical style characterised by mellow, atmospheric arrangements with laid back beats and cool grooves."

Listen to the sound samples and tell me what you think. Especially interesting are Here I Am To Worship (Faithless meets Matt Redman, anyone?), and Jesus, Lover of My Soul (I hope heaven is an island paradise!).

No comments:

Post a Comment